By Staff Reporter
NEARLY 400 junior doctors have finally agreed to end their month long job action after the government on Friday finally gave in to their pay demands.
Under the new arrangement, government has agreed to increase junior doctors’ on-call allowances from $5 to $7,50 per hour for 160 hours as a flat fee of $1,200 per month.
The new agreement is accompanied by a pledge to further increase the allowances to $10 in the next budget.
FULL DETAILS OF THE AGREEMENT BELOW;
– ZHDA NEC HAS ENTERED AN AGREEMENT WITH HSB THAT ENTAILS:
1. Review of on call allowance for JDs to $7.50/hr for 160hrs as a flat fee of $1200per month. Review to $10/hr next budget
2. Increase in Medical allowance from 15% Basic salary to 20% basic salary. Next review nxt budget
3. Vehicle loan will be availed. Still to share proportions with other stakeholders. To be administered by NEC
4. Contract to be reviewd as agreed by 5 April. LET JRMOS TAKE NOTE. THIS REVIEW WILL BE APPLICABLE TO ALL JNR DRS
5. Locums remain as were
6. No victimisation for all members. Everything done pr said in the spirit of industrial action is null and void and cannot be used against you
7. Salary cuts will not be effected. Leave days will be deducted instead
8. No repeating rotations. Days missed will be done on full pay
9. Pending issues will be discussed in next meeting as a matter of urgency
10. Grading anomalies correction effected.
11. Posts for postinternship ammounting to 162 have been secured
ZHDA NEC THANKS ALL MEMBERS FOR THEIR RESILIENCE DURING THIS INDUSTRIAL ACTION.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK HIS EXCELLENCY, THE PRESIDENT OF ZIMBABWE, CDE E.D MNANGAGWA, FOR HIS INTERVENTION
MANY THANKS TO ZIMA, DR MAHOMVA, DR BOPOTO AND DR SHANA FOR THEIR SUPPORT
MANY THANKS TO MR P CHIVESE, APEX LEADER, AND MR BJ CHIMBUNDE, CHAIR OF THE BIPARTITE
MANY THANKS TO ALL HARARE AND PARI CONSULTANTS WHO STOOD BY US
WE WILL CONTINUE IN THE SAME SPIRIT OF UNITY AND FIGHTING FOR OUR PROFESSION
ANY OUTSTANDING ISSUES WILL BE ADDRESSED SOON
ANY VICTIMISATION SHOULD BE REPORTED TO ZHDA NEC
WE LOVE YOU ALL.
UNDERSTANDING THAT MEMBERS HAD TRAVELLED, KINDLY AVAIL YOURSELVES FOR WORK BETWEEN AND THE 2nd OF APRIL 2018, FOR OUR PATIENTS
MANY THANKS TO TRUE ZHDA NEC CADRES
President Dr Amos Tsopo
SG Dr P Mugoni
– Dr Kevin Kusano
– Dr Mutero Mupereki
– Dr Noel Panavanhu
Salutations from your spokesperson
DR MX NGWENYA
RESPECT TO ALL ZHDA MEMBERS. MA REG NEMA HMOS MUNEBHEMBA