President Emmerson Mnangagwa has removed the ban on intercity travel, shortened curfew hours and further increased business hours as he moved the country’s lockdown from level 4 to 2.
In an address to the nation at state house this Tuesday afternoon, Mnangagwa said the new relaxed measures were as a result of the recent reduction in new Covid-19 infections and deaths.
Presidential Lockdown Review in Brief
- Curfew from 2200 to 05:30hrs
- Businesses to operate from 0800 to 1900hrs
- Restaurants & bars within hotels & lodges to operate between 1000 to 2200hrs
- Bottlestores to open between 1000 and 1600hrs
- Beer outlets & nightclubs to remain closed.
- Public gatherings to not exceed 100.
- Decongestion of offices shall be at 50%
- Intercity now permitted in strict adherence to Covid-19 health measures
- Low-risk sports to resume from 0800 to 1600hrs
- High and medium-risk sporting activities to seek approval
- Persons entering the country should present a Covid-19 test valid less than 48 hrs.
- Lockdown relaxation to be reviewed in 2 weeks